Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fiona's Delicatessen

Fiona's Deli has been around for quite awhile. It used to be located downtown, but sometime in the last decade made the move to East Harmony Road where Steele's Market met an untimely demise. Other than a selection of attractive cakes and cookies, there is also a breakfast and lunch menu consisting solely of various sandwiches. Although I've never seen it in action, there is an old-fashioned soda shoppe in the back. I'm here to talk about sandwiches. The sandwich is pretty much my favorite creation, and the breakfast sandwich is the best of my favorite creation. Here's what you do; go to Fiona's and bring a friend and order one sandwich. They are huge and they are filling and they are good. Maple cream cheese is something I've never had on a sandwich and I like it.
My wife helped me stray from my breakfast fixation and try a 'Rosie's Roundup' for lunch. It's a pita sandwich with roasted veggies, tzatziki and hummus that I believe was slapped on the griddle for a minute. It was chickpea bliss.
I would fancy trying everything on their menu, but the menu is fairly large and has something for everyone, unless you don't like delicious sandwiches.
Since Fiona's is just down the street from my home, I have been frequenting the deli. Give it a try. Sandwiches range from 6.99 to 9.99, but you'll likely get two meals from them.

Fiona's Deli  = Good eats! 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment